As we start this new year, we wanted to give you a quick update on the progress of our film project! Here’s what’s happening:
AMERICAN FILM MARKET
1. This past November, producer Brittany DeVries attended the American Film Market in Santa Monica, CA where she talked with a number of producers and others about Scars of an Orphan. There was lots of interest in this film project; the connections made at this event may help us in the future with production and distribution channels.
2. We’re working on the script! We have a synopsis written that is being evaluated and revised. This is the first step in writing a script and it takes time and resources but we hope to have this completed soon!
3. Without a script we can’t make a film, and without funding we don’t have a script. We’re planning a funding campaign to raise the funds that will help us finish the script and begin production development. Our goal is to raise $100,000 in the next few months in order to move the project forward. We’re looking for interested investors and sponsors; if you know of someone who would be interested in Diana’s story and in helping us, please contact us.
4. Executive Producer, Conrad Weaver will be making a trip to California and Washington to meet up with our American Ukrainian friends on the west coast who are interested in this film. If you’d like to schedule a meeting with him, please let us know.
5. In June, he will also be traveling to Ukraine to begin laying the groundwork for production as well as meeting with key people there who can help us tell this story. We would love to be able to start production this coming Fall, 2018.
Thank you for your continued interest and support of this important film project.
Conrad Weaver, Executive Producer
Jim Pennington, Producer
Brittany DeVries, Producer
Scars of an Orphan Movie